GMR Power Corporation Ltd. (GPCL), LSHS / DIESEL based 200 MW, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- 200 MW LSHS based power plant located in Basin Bridge, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu’s first independent power producer.
- The power off-take arrangement with TNEB expired in 2015. The company is exploring other commercial options for GPCL
- German technology for two-stroke diesel engine from MAN B&W.
- Established a unique sophisticated Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) that treats 7200 cubic meters of raw sewage per day from Chennai Metropolitan & Sewerage Board to produce 5400 cubic meters of clean water for its captive use in plant operations.
- Incorporation of Reverse Osmosis (RO) technology for the final stage of purification to neutralize harmful pollutants.
- ISO 9001, SA 8000, ISO 50001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications from Det Norske Veritas (DNV) for its EHS initiatives.
- M.S. Swaminathan Award for environment protection.
- Operational since November 1999. Successfully completed 15 years of operation & maintenance